Best web development blogs you should be reading
Be on top of the web development world
In order to stay up-to-date on the latest web development trends, we put our heads together and curated this list of what we believe are the Best web development blogs you should be reading.
1. Six Revisions (http://sixrevisions.com)
I wouldn’t call Six Revisions a classical web development blog anymore, rather than a major news site for developers. Six Revisions publishes practical and useful articles for web developers and designers as well. Articles are published on a regular basis every 2-5 days.
2. Specky Boy (http://speckyboy.com)
The Specky Boy blog calls itself a design magazine. Paul Andrew – the publisher of Specky Bloy – not only focuses on design resources but also provides useful insights on the latest web technologies. Especially for front-end developers, the blog is definitely a great source for staying up-to-date.
3. WebResourcesDepot (http://www.webresourcesdepot.com)
WebResourcesDepot is a great web development blog offering new posts every day. Developers will definitely find some great content here. It’s definitely a blog to follow.
4. DailyJS (http://dailyjs.com)
5. Smashing Magazine (http://www.smashingmagazine.com)
6. David Walsh (http://davidwalsh.name)
7. OnextraPixel (http://www.onextrapixel.com)
I guess OXP is more a web design blog rather than a web development blog. Nevertheless, it provides some really useful articles in the field of development too. Whether it’s an article about some useful HTML5 tips or a new jQuery library. You’ll definitely get some inspiring content.
8. Stoyan’s phpied.com (http://www.phpied.com)
A great blog worth mentioning is the personal blog from Stoyan Stefanov, who’s a Facebook engineer and the author of some really great books! It’s one of the best places to discover new articles, tools & frameworks.
9. Coding Horror (http://blog.codinghorror.com)
Coding Horror is a great blog resource from Jeff Atwood. It offers great insights on the development of software engineering. You’ll get loads of great tips and resources from Jeff sharing his experiences.
10. Alex Sexton (https://alexsexton.com)
11. Paul Irish (http://www.paulirish.com)
As a developer, Paul is well-known for creating tools that improve workflows and make life easier for other developers. He’s currently working on Google Chrome DevTools at Google. You can gather useful insights on his personal blog where he regularly publishes web dev related articles.
12. Scotch.io (https://scotch.io)
Best corporate tech blogs
Further on, there are some great corporate web development blogs out there. For further readings, I’d recommend the following company blogs:
- Netflix Tech Blog: techblog.netflix.com
- Code as Craft (Etsy’s tech blog): codeascraft.com
- Dropbox Tech section: blogs.dropbox.com/tech
- Facebook Engineering: facebook.com/Engineering
- Twitter Engineering blog: blog.twitter.com/engineering
- Usersnap blog: usersnap.com/blog
October 24, 2017
October 11, 2017
October 2, 2017